SOME EARLY LANDOWNERS IN LIMERICK TOWNSHIP
Beginning at the upper right hand side of the Map:
1. Johannes and Mary Umstadt 256 A. from Thomas Steel
1725, to sons John and Peter Umstead
1741 each 126 A. John 250 A. from Thomas Griffith 1741,
John (and Deborah) to Peter 125 acres of 250 A. 1746.
John willed to wife Deborah and son Herman 1759.
2. Joseph Barlow 256 A. from James Steel
1725. Ann Barlow (sister of immigrant Wm. Evans,
widow of immigrant Matthew Brooke [d. 1720] and Joseph,
d. 1738) divided 256 A. into 3 tracts 1739:
sold 50 A. to Peter Umstead, 56 A. to Nicholas
Custer, remainder to son Matthew Brooke. ...
[Peter Umstead all of 303 A. to Adam Prutzman
1775. Nicholas Custer (&
Susanna ) 56 A. to Daniel Marsteller
1768. Daniel (& Elizabeth) to
Peter Rambo 1773.]
3. Adolph Pennypacker 250 A. from Thomas
Griffith 1743, willed to son John 1760 to
Anthony Vanderslice 1789.
4. John Kendall 500 A. 1718 to William
Maulsby 200 A. [to John Maulsby 1726, to Henry
Boyer 1769, to Conrad Boyer
1773.] John Kendall by will 300 A.
to Wm. Kendall 1743/4....
[Wm. Kendall 240 A. to Philip Dodderer, 1768. Philip 234 A. to
Nicholas Shneider 1772. Nicholas 234 A. to George Boyer 1797.]
[Wm. Kendall 50 A. to Daniel Marstellar. Daniel 50 A. to Peter Rambo.]
5. Brooks Family Land: John Brooke, had purchased the land in England and died upon the Brooke
family's arrival in Philadelphia in 1699, Matthew Brooke inherited that land from his father John. Matthew’s
brother James inherited the land adjacent to Matthew. This family owned land in Limerick Twp. for several
6. Ann Evans, widow of immigrant William, 400 A. 1717, land which she had use of from about 1706.
William Evans, son of Ann, 300 acres adjacent land 1717. Ann willed the 400 acres
to her son Owen Evans in 1720. William willed 300 acres to his sons, George and Mordecai
Owen willed his land to his son David. This family also owned land in Limerick Twp. for several generations.
7. John David/Davis land adjacent to William Evans from the London Company 1717 and sold to
his sons this and later purchases. This family also owned land in Limerick Twp. for several generations.
Return to 1790 Pew Holder's Chart
This page updated Saturday, 21-Jun-2008 06:58:32 EDT
You are our