Archive Project Goal
The goal of the Colorado USGenWeb Archive Project is to get transcriptions of original records and genealogical research data on the Internet so it is available to everyone.
What can be submitted?
Almost everything of genealogical research value. Some examples: Federal and State Census schedules and indexes; Local Tax rolls; Cemetery Transcriptions and Tombstone Photos; Official Vital Records (indexes/certificates) - Marriage, Birth, Death; Biographies, Wills, Deeds, Newspaper Marriage articles; Obituaries, Church Records; Local Histories/Biographies and Old Local Directories just to name a few.
What can not be submitted.
Copyrighted Material! Unless you own the copyright or you provide a statement of permission to use from the copyright owner. (See the USGenWeb summary of U.S. Copyright Law.)
Gedcom Files, Family Trees, Family Groupsheets. Archive space considerations prevent accepting these files. Suggest you consider donating them to Rootsweb's World Connect project instead.
Don't send information about living people! That includes:
- Birth records for the last 70 years. (Unless you have a death record.)
- Marriage records for the last 50 years.
- Divorce records for the last 50 years.
However, death records for any year may be posted.
Guidelines for submission:
1. Try using the automated forms online. This is the fastest way to get your work online.
2. If you are not using the online forms, please transcribe your data in or convert your document to ASCII Text. This insures everyone has access to the data. Convert all "tabs" to "5 spaces". If you have information for the Colorado USGenWeb Archive that can not be converted to an ASCII text file, please contact me. Exceptions to the "text only" rule are possible.
2. Don't send us data about living people without their permission. (See paragraph above.)
3. All data is free to the public. The USGenWeb Archives project will not pay royalties on any submission.
4. Again, no copyrighted material! However, public domain records cannot be copyrighted.
5. Attach your document to an email and send it to me.
1. We retain the right to refuse any submission.
2. The submitter retains the copyright and is free to publish the same data in other places. However, once submitted, the USGenWeb Archives has non-exclusive permanent use of the data. The following USGenWeb Project Notice will be attached to the file for your protection.
All files are contributed for use by the USGenWeb Archives Project (http://www.usgwarchives.net).
USGenWeb Archives Project NOTICE: In keeping with our policy of providing free information on the internet, data may be used by non-commercial researchers, as long as the source and contributor name remains on all copied material. These electronic pages may not be reproduced in any format for profit, nor for presentation in any form by any other organization or individual without the express written permission from the author.
3. Your submission may be converted to another format. We may split your document into sections for easier access.
4. We cannot guarantee permanency of your submission. Any material discovered to be false, libelous or copyrighted will be erased!
5. We do guarantee that your submission will never be bundled onto a CD and sold.
If you have genealogical data you would like to contribute to any of these Colorado Archives pages, please read the Guidelines for Submissions and submit your files immediately by utilizing online submission form.
NOTICE: Printing the files within by non-commercial individuals and libraries is encouraged, as long as all notices and submitter information is included. Any other use, including copying files to other sites requires permission from the submitters PRIOR to uploading to any other sites. We encourage links to the state and county tables of content.
USGenWeb Archives Project - Colorado
The COGenWeb Project
The USGenWeb Archives Project is a part of the The USGenWeb Project
Send comments about this page to:
The USGenWeb Archives Project - Colorado File Manager
Copyright © 1997 - 2017 The USGenWeb Archives Project
This page last updated - Friday, 22-Oct-2010 12:55:12 EDT