Alleghany County Photo Album Index

Includes Independent Cities of Clifton Forge & Covington

Please use your "back" key to return to index

Click on thumbnail to see larger picture

Arritt house

The Arritt house was built on Potts Creek about 1861 by John S. Arritt.
His widow later married Moses G. Wright and it is also known as the John S. Arritt/Moses G. Wright house.  It is no longer standing. Information about it can be found in the WPA records in Richmond, VA.

Contributed by Louise Perkins

Blue Spring Run

Contributed by Donna Dressler-Miller

C&O Passenger Platform

a train steaming into view in Clifton Forge, while the passengers wait.

Photographed about 1915. Contributed by Gill Pollard

C&O Passenger Platform

The Chicago - Washington Amtrak stops here, in Clifton Forge, but the shelter has been demolished due to its poor condition.

Photographed 1995 and Contributed by Gill Pollard

Humpback bridge

near old Rt 60 west of Covington, in fact the main road went over this bridge from the mid 1800's until the early 1900's.

Photographed April 2002 and Contributed by Gill Pollard


Go To

VAGenWeb Photo Album

Alleghany County VAGenWeb

Guidelines