- Photographs and images of documents will be placed in the Virginia USGenWeb Archives on a selective basis.
- Pictures of persons will normally be limited to those born prior to 1900. Pictures should be accompanied by genealogical information which will be useful to family historians. Example of such pictures can be found at:
- Pictures of homes and other buildings will be limited to those that are of genealogical significance. Example of such pictures can be found at:
- Pictures of grave stones and cemeteries should be sent to the Virginia Tombstone Photo Project.
- Images of documents will be limited to those that are rare or of "Heirloom" quality. Such documents must be accompanied by a transcription of the information on the document. The transcribed file is required so that the search engines can access the names of persons and places found on the image. Images of ordinary records, such as birth certificates, marriage licenses, and death records will not normally be placed in the archives. Examples of archived images can be found at: