logo
Waller County
Cemetery Photographs

Saint Martin De Porres Catholic Cemetery
The first of many Czech immigrants to settle in this area purchased land form Galveston developer E. H. Fordtran in 1891. Four Czech families founded St. Mary's Catholic Church in 1892. The first recorded burial here on land donated by Frank Divin, Sr. was that of Antone Blinka in 1893. The Rev. A. Laska established the site as a Catholic Cemetry & in 1895 the church built a sanctuary on four adjoining acres. The community faltered after the devastating storm of 1900. The church closed in 1947. Saint Martin De Porres in Prairie View took over the cemetery care in 1977.
GPS: Latitude: 30.03280, Longitude: -95.94440



This page was last updated 15 June 2013.
Copyright 1997-present
USGenWeb Archives Project