Westmoreland County, PA
West View Cemetery
Bolivar, Fairfield Township, Westmoreland County, PA
A Project of Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives
Copyright Information Pennsylvania Tombstone Project
Tombstone Photography Tips Photo Submission Form
this page was last updated 04 Nov 2011
(contributed by Barb Lorenson)
DIRECTIONS TO CEMETERY: From Bolivar, take Rt. 711 South for about 10 miles. Make Left onto SR 1006. Follow SR 1006 past Mirror Lake for about 2 miles. Turn right onto SR 1011, and after about 1.5 miles, bear left at "Y". Go down hill for another 1.5 miles, and cemetery is on the right.
TAKEN FROM THE WESTMORELAND COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY CEMETERY INDEX: In 1892 a Notice to the General Public was issued by the Trusteed and Stockholders of the West View Land Company stating the necessity for a cemetery for the use of the general public in "this part of the county". The state chartered company, with a Capital Stock of $2,000, purchased 13 14/100 acres of land one-fourth pf a mile from Bolivar Borough. One half of the tract was surrounded by a good substantial fence, with the main entrance from the township road. Lots were offered at public sale on Saturday, November 26, 1892. The plan of lots was posted in the United States post office buildings in Bolivar, Lockport, New Florence, WEst Fairfield and Palmer's Fort, as well as at three stores: Robinson Bros. & Co.' W. McC. Hammond; and Reese, Hammond & Co. The land company had seven Trustees and seventeen Stockholders at this time.
printer friendly text transcription of Tombstone Photos
Return to Top of File
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives File Manager Joe Patterson
Tombstone Photos maintained by Ellis Michaels
Copyright 2008 - 2009. All rights reserved.
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives - Tombstone Photos
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives - Cemetery Records
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives