Westmoreland County, PA
St. James Lutheran Cemetery
Youngstown, Unity Township, Westmoreland County, PA
A Project of Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives
Copyright Information Pennsylvania Tombstone Project
Tombstone Photography Tips Photo Submission Form
this page was last updated 04 Nov 2011
General View 1
(contributed by Fran Popp)
Directions to site: Located on Latrobe Street in the Village of Youngstown at the south end of town.
Taken from the Westmoreland County Historical Society Cemetery Index: On January 14, 1815 the members of the Lutheran and Reformed churches of Youngstown entered into an article of agreement to establish a Union Church. The erected a log house of worship that was dedicated in the fall of 1815 . By 1867 the two congregations went their separate ways, with each church building a new house of worship. The Lutheran congregation purchased a lot adjacent to the original site. A cemetery had been established at the site. Under the leadership of Rev. W. E. Bauer the congregation secured an additional twenty acres of land which was also developed as a cemetery-it was referred to as "Upper St. James Cemetery".
printer friendly text transcription of Tombstone Inscriptions
Return to Top of File
Tombstone Photos maintained by Ellis Michaels
Copyright 2011. All rights reserved.
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives - Tombstone Photos
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives - Cemetery Records
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives