Westmoreland County, PA
Sewickley United Presbyterian Cemetery
a.k.a. - Red Brick Church Cemetery
a.k.a. - Sewickley Union Cemetery
a.k.a. Old Brick Cemetery
a.k.a. - Dick's Brick Cemetery
Sewickley Township, Westmoreland County, PA
A Project of Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives
Copyright Information Pennsylvania Tombstone Project
Tombstone Photography Tips Photo Submission Form
this page was last updated 04 Nov 2011
(contributed by Bill Plack)
Taken from the Westmoreland County Historical Society Cemetery Index: The Sewickley United Presbyterian Church was founded in 1792. Although there were members in the area prior to that time, meetings were held in tents and buildings. The Sewickley Union Cemetery serves the church. It is said to contain the grave of a girl slain and scalped in the Indian uprising of 1782. It is believe that the church shared a pastor with Old Sewickley Presbyterian from 1779 - 1787 when the relationship was disrupted over the site of the new church. In 1807 a log building was erected at the site, which was replaced by a brick building in 1832. The Sewickley Union Cemetery takes care of the burials in the cemetery associated with the church.
DIRECTIONS TO CEMETERY: On the West Newton - Herminie Road not far from Hutchinson.
printer friendly text transcription of Tombstone Inscriptions
Return to Top of File
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives File Manager Joe Patterson
Tombstone Photos maintained by Ellis Michaels
Copyright 2009. All rights reserved.
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives - Tombstone Photos
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives - Cemetery Records
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives