Westmoreland County, PA
Pleasant Grove Presbyterian Cemetery
a.k.a. Donegal Cemetery
a.k.a. - Old Donegal Cemetery
Cook Township, Westmoreland County, PA
A Project of Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives
Copyright Information Pennsylvania Tombstone Project
Tombstone Photography Tips Photo Submission Form
this page was last updated 04 Nov 2011
(photos contributed by Jacque Boyd)
DIRECTIONS TO CEMETERY: From Ligonier, take SR 711 South for 4.9 miles. At Pleasant Grove, make left onto SR 2041 and go 3/10 of a mile to cemetery.
Taken from the Westmoreland County Historical Society Cemetery Index: The date on which the "Donegal" Presbyterian Church was formed is not known, but as early as 1785 the Redstone Presbytry appointed to supply to preach to the congregation there. Joint efforts with the Fairfield and Wheatfield (later Armagh) congregations to secure a pastor were not successful. In April, 1782 Rev. George Hill became pastor of the Donegal and Wheatland congregations. At a later date, Donegal was linked with the Ligonier congregation, during which time it adopted the name Pleasant Grove. The cemetery adjoining the church was established at an early date.
printer friendly text transcription of Tombstone Photos
Return to Top of File
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives File Manager Joe Patterson
Tombstone Photos maintained by Ellis Michaels
Copyright 2007 - 2009. All rights reserved.
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives - Tombstone Photos
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives - Cemetery Records
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives