Westmoreland County, PA
Middle Presbyterian Cemetery
Mt. Pleasant Township, Westmoreland County, PA
A Project of Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives
Copyright Information Pennsylvania Tombstone Project
Tombstone Photography Tips Photo Submission Form
this page was last updated 04 Nov 2011
(photo contributed by Jacque Boyd)
DIRECTIONS TO CEMETERY: From downtown Mt Pleasant take SR 981 from it's intersection with Rt 31. Cemetery is 2.2 miles on the left. It adjoins Middle Presbyterian Church.
Taken from Westmoreland County Historical Society Cemetery Index: "The first meeting of the Scotch-Irish Presbyterian congregation was held in 1772 when the area was known as Jacob's Swamp. Its first official name was Mount Pleasant Presbyterian Church. On July 11, 1929 its name was officially changed to the Middle Presbyterian Church of Mt. Pleasant.
The cemetery associated with the church has been in existence since at least 1773. Among those buried here are Peggy Shaw, who lost her life at the burning of Hanna's Town in 1782."
printer friendly text transcription of Tombstone Photos
Return to Top of File
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives File Manager Joe Patterson
Tombstone Photos maintained by Ellis Michaels
Copyright 2007 - 2009. All rights reserved.
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives - Tombstone Photos
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives - Cemetery Records
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives