Westmoreland County, PA
Livermore, Derry Township, Westmoreland County, PA
A Project of Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives
Copyright Information Pennsylvania Tombstone Project
Tombstone Photography Tips Photo Submission Form
this page was last updated 04 Nov 2011
The residents of the town of Livermore, as well as those interred at the Livermore Cemetery, were relocated during the early 1950's as part of a flood control project by the US Army Corps of Engineers. Authorized by the Flood Control Acts of 1936 and 1938, the town structures were then completely razed, and the area has been under water as part of the Conemaugh River Lake Reservoir since 1952.
Directions to Livermore Cemetery:
1. Take Rt 22 East from New Alexandria for 4.5 miles.
2. At turn for Rt 982 South, do not take right turn. Instead turn left onto Livermore Road
3. Follow Livermore Road for 2.7 miles to a "T" intersection.
4. Go straight down L Cemetery Road (No Outlet Sign). Follow for 0.3 miles, where road forks, but access is blocked for both roads.
5. Park car, and follow right fork through blue gate. Cemetery is at end of road about 200 yards down.
GPS Coordinates (ddd mm.mmm)
N 040 27.491
(photographs contributed by Ellis Michaels)
printer friendly text transcription of Cemetery
0.5 meter ruler used for scale
Burnes, Sarah, w/o J.R., 04 Apr 1870, aged 37Y
Cochran, George W., 1862 - 1937
Cochran, Mary C., 1864 - 1951
Gartley, Margaret E., 1840 - 1927
Myers, Margaret, 1831 - 1919
Nofsker, George S., 1881 - 1943
Nofsker, Lucy S., 1882 - 1960
Rutledge, Elizabeth, w/o George, 07 Dec 1872, age 87Y 10M
Stitt, James R., 1907 - 1916
Unknown #07, GAR Flag Marker
Return to Top of File
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives File Manager Joe Patterson
Tombstone Photos maintained by Ellis Michaels
Copyright 2006 - 2009. All rights reserved.
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives - Tombstone Photos
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives - Cemetery Records
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives