Westmoreland County, PA
Fort Palmer Cemetery
a.k.a. - Fairfield Presbyterian Cemetery
Fairfield Township, Westmoreland County, PA
A Project of Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives
Copyright Information Pennsylvania Tombstone Project
Tombstone Photography Tips Photo Submission Form
this page was last updated 04 Nov 2011
General View 1
(photo contributed by Jacque Boyd)
(contributed by Fran Popp)
DIRECTIONS TO CEMETERY: Take Rt. 711 North from Ligonier, cemetery is on the right, across the street from the Fort Palmer United Presbyterian Church.
Taken from the Westmoreland County Historical Society Cemetery Index: As early as 01 July 1786 the congregation of the Fairfield Presbyterian church made application for supplies. A joint call with Doegal and Wheatfield on 21 Aug 1787 was not successful. Supplies were used until 1792 when Rev. George Hill became its first Pastor, serving 50% of his time at Fairfield and the balance at the other two congregations. After a successions of pastors and changes, by 1846 the same preachers were serving Fairfield Presbyterian, Union Presbyterian and Fairfield United Presbyterian. A fire destroyed the church in 1953 after which a new one was erected and the name of the church was changed to Fort Palmer.
printer friendly text transcription of Tombstone Photos
Return to Top of File
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives File Manager Joe Patterson
Tombstone Photos maintained by Ellis Michaels
Copyright 2008 - 2009. All rights reserved.
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives - Tombstone Photos
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives - Cemetery Records
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives