Westmoreland County, PA
Barren Run United Methodist Cemetery
South Huntingdon Township, Westmoreland County, PA
A Project of Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives
Copyright Information Pennsylvania Tombstone Project
Tombstone Photography Tips Photo Submission Form
this page was last updated 04 Nov 2011
Taken from Westmoreland County Historical Society Cemetery Index: Barren Run's first church was built in the community in 1848. It was a 30' x 40' brick structure with the gables facing the adjoining cemetery (north and south). This building replaced services that were previously held in homes. The brick church stood until 1883 when it was demolished and a new frame building was erected on the south side of the cemetery, facing east and west. Barren Run is one of the oldest of the United Brethren charges, having been formed in 1838. Through mergers and unions, it is now the United Methodist Church.
DIRECTIONS TO CEMETERY: Take Route 981 west from Reagantown toward Smithton about three miles. There will be two signs on the right hand side of the road indicating that the Barren Run Church is to the left. Turn left onto a road (route number is not available) for a short distance. The cemetery and adjoining church is on the left.
printer friendly text transcription of Tombstone Inscriptions
Return to Top of File
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives File Manager Joe Patterson
Tombstone Photos maintained by Ellis Michaels
Copyright 2009. All rights reserved.
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives - Tombstone Photos
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives - Cemetery Records
Westmoreland County PAGenWeb Archives