Washington County, PA
Paris Presbyterian Cemetery
127 Steubenville Pike
Paris, Hanover Township, Washington County, PA 15021
A Project of Washington County PAGenWeb Archives
Copyright Information Pennsylvania Tombstone Project
Tombstone Photography Tips Photo Submission Form
this page was last updated 18 May 2012
(contributed by Gary L. Caldwell)
Lat: 40°24'15.93"N, Lon: 80°31'6.21"W
Directions: From Burgettstown take PA-18 N for 4.5 mi; left at Steubenville Pike for 5.2 mi, cemetery on left.
There have been several cemeteries used by what is now the Paris Presbyterian Church. The first cemetery and church was called Three Springs which was located on the Campbell tract in an area containing three fresh springs. The cemetery was in what is now Weirton Heights, West Virginia but all traces of the cemetery have been lost.
In 1846, there was a division in the congregation and the church was relocated to Paris where it is today and a cemetery begun in that area. The Church/Cemetery retained its Three Springs name until 1940 when it was officially changed to Paris Presbyterian Church with the cemetery called Paris Cemetery (Presbyterian).
This data was collected by the DAR and found in the genealogy section of the Washington PA library. The data is from 1937 so the burial records are not complete.
Return to Top of File
Washington County PAGenWeb Archives File Manager Gary L. Caldwell
Tombstone Photos Page maintained by Gary L. Caldwell
Copyright 2011. All rights reserved.
Washington County PAGenWeb Archives
Washington County PAGenWeb Archives Tombstone Photos
Washington County PAGenWeb Archives Cemetery Records