Washington County, PA

Millers Run Presbyterian Cemetery

Swihart Rd

Canonsburg, Chartiers Township, Washington County, PA 15317

A Project of Washington County PAGenWeb Archives

Copyright Information     Pennsylvania Tombstone Project

Tombstone Photography Tips     Photo Submission Form

this page was last updated 9 March 2011

Millers Run Presbyterian Church

Millers Run Presbyterian C2urch

General Views 1, 2,

(contributed by Gary L. Caldwell)


Lat: 4018'33.92"N, Lon: 8014'4.42"W
Chartiers Township

     Directions from Canonsburg: Take PA-980 N for 2 mi, turn left at Swihart Rd. The Church is located at the corner of Swihart and Kelso Road.

    The Millers Run Presbyterian Church and associated cemetery was begun around 1781 but the earliest readable burial is 1806.  There is little known about the cemetery or the church; but according to the McDonald PA Outlook, the Miller's Run Church was one of the most flourishing in the community, but it membership had declined and the remaining members refused to meet the bills. The presbytery dissolved the church which was completed on Jan. 10, 1903.

    This data was collected by the DAR and found in the genealogy section of the Washington PA library. The date is from 1936. The cemetery is still active so the data is not current

(contributed by Gary L. Caldwell)

 printer friendly text version of  DAR records

 


printer friendly text version of Tombstone Transcriptions

 


Return to Top of File

Washington County PAGenWeb Archives File Manager Gary L. Caldwell

Tombstone Photos Page maintained by Gary L. Caldwell

Copyright 2011.  All rights reserved.

Washington County PAGenWeb Archives

Washington County PAGenWeb Archives Tombstone Photos

Washington County PAGenWeb Archives Cemetery Records