PAGenWeb Archives Logo

Chester County PAGenWeb Archives


Search
Chester County Search
Advanced PA Search
Contribute
Submission Forms
USGenWeb Project
Copyright

PA Uploads/Updates

>>> TOMBSTONE IMAGES <<<

African Union Church Of Kennett Cemetery

Bucktoe Rd. Just West Of Captain Robinson Drive, Kennett Twp.

Filename Description Date Submitter
fence.jpg African Union Church of Kennett Fence
No trace of the church remains on this wooded site at the confluence of two small creeks. The cemetery is protected from the road by an iron fence.
Only three gravestones are visible. According to articles in the American Republican dated 4/1/1851 and 12/26/1854, “The Union Church of African members at Kennett township, in the county of Chester, and State of Pennsylvania” was incorporated in April of 1851, having been first organized about 1824. There is also mention in 1853 and 1854 articles that the “sons and daughters of Africa in these parts” met at “Timbuctoo Meeting” in New Garden – it is likely that this refers to the same church, as the Bucktoe Rd. cemetery is just over the border of New Garden Twp. in Kennett Twp.
Nov 2005 Fred Kelso
brown-w.jpg BROWN, Corp'l Wilson
Co. B, 127th USCT
Nov 2005 Fred Kelso
ford-am.jpg FORD, Agnes Millie
Sept. 7, 1904
Aged 12 Years
Nov 2005 Fred Kelso
maxwell-w.jpg MAXWELL, William
Co. K, 32nd Regt. USCT
Died May 18, 1903
Aged 67 Years
Nov 2005 Fred Kelso

Chester County File Manager -  Cyndie Enfinger

Chester County PAGenWeb Archives

USGenWeb Project

Pennsylvania USGenWeb Archives