A special THANK YOU to Rootsweb.com
for providing our Webpage a free home and all
their time and energy invested in USGenWeb!
| || USGenWeb Archives |
Submit Your Records
Howard County Missouri
USGenWeb Archives File Submissions
It is the USGenWeb policy to provide this FREE information to help everyone with their research. You may rest assured that anything you donate to these archives will remain FREE to the general public. To insure that folks viewing your donations can contact you, please let us know if your email address changes or feel free to include your snail mail address in the files you donate.
If you have public-domain documents that would help other researchers, please submit them to the Howard County, Missouri USGenWeb Archives Manager. These archives depend fully on donations of files and volunteers to transcribe items for us. Contributions by folks like you, are what makes this project grow.
NOTE: Due to storage space restriction we can not accept family gedcom's at this time.
Some types of records we can accept:
- Anything in the public domain
- Anything published before 1921
- Items published after 1921 with authors written permission.
Examples of Public Domain Information would be:
Federal Census (free, slave, mortality, agriculture, veterans... schedules)
- State Census Vital Records
- 4.divorce (or under court?)
Court records (county, federal, civil, circuit, probate....) Church records (members lists, baptisms...) Bible Records Diary/Journal Transcripts Newspapers (obits, marriage & birth announcements, local events...) Prison Records
- Military Records (rosters, muster rolls, service records, pension applications...)
- 2.Civil War
- 3.Indian Wars
- 6.War of 1812
- 10.Viet Nam
- 11.Persian Gulf
Land Records (deeds, land transfers, federal land grants, surveyor's records...) Tax Records (land, property, state, federal, local....) Local Histories Local Directories (phone books, old county and city directories....) Occupational (?) (Mining inspector's reports, Accident reports, railroad reports, company newsletters....) Educational (?) (school histories, newsletters, school census', yearbooks?) Cemeteries - (Headstone transcriptions, caretakers records, burial records) Deeds/grants Misc* Newspapers/obits Ship Lists Tax lists Wills INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING FILES
1. Only virus-checked files will be accepted.
2. Text is preferred and depending on the size, we may zip it. Also, no tables. Please use spaces and not tabs in the text. Tabs cause everything to go loopy when I post it. Non-text may be converted to text before storing. Large files may be split. We may, at our discretion, store the same data in several formats. Scanned documents will be considered, depending on their content. For some other tips on the text files check out The USGenWeb Time-To-Do
3. All data is free to the public, the USGenWeb Archives project will not pay royalties on any submissions.
4. Data is provided for downloading "as is" -- no guarantees of anything
5. File contributors must use their own discretion regarding the inclusion of data on living people.
6. We will "not accept gedcoms" due to space considerations.
7. No executable files will be accepted.
8. Do not send copyrighted material, unless it is your own, and you include a statement of permission to use in the document.
Note: Public domain records cannot be copyrighted.
9. No anonymous submissions.
10. We cannot guarantee permanency, in the event data is lost.
11. Any obviously false, malicious, libelous, or copyrighted data will be erased. We do not guarantee the validity of any files.
12. These guidelines are subject to change.
13. Once submitted, the data can't be retracted by submitter.
14. We retain the right to refuse any submission.
>> Howard County Archives
>>Table of Contents is maintained by
the Howard county MO. Archive File Manager - Sherry Raleigh-Adams
>> Howard county MOGenWeb
>> Missouri USGenWebArchives
>> USGenWeb Archives
>>Missouri USGenWeb Main Page
>>TheUSGenWeb Archives Census ImagesProject
>>TheUSGenWeb Archives Transcribed CensusProject
>>Searchall files in theMissouri USGenWeb Archives
>> USGenWeb/MOGenWebTombstone Project
You are the [an error occurred while processing this directive] visitor since the page was installed