Both of my grandparents attended Hopewell School during the 1920s. They identified their relatives shown in this photograph prior to their deaths:
Front row, sitting:
Second row, on knees: Second from left is Fabrice Boatright
- Eighth from left: George Monard Boatright (wearing ovaralls & has his hand on his leg)
- Third from right: Anna Rebecca Boatright
Third row (front standing row): Fourth from left is Hazel Boatright (in front of teacher)
Fourth row (back standing row):
- Boy on far right: Woodrow Wilson Hudson
- Seventh from right: John Thomas Hudson
- Woman on the far left: Willie Brantley Love (teacher), partially blocked by Hazel Boatright
The Boatrights named above were all siblings, children of Elizabeth Dean (1885 – 1959) and George William Boatright (1886 – 1934). The Hudson brothers were sons of Nancy Theodosia Ward (1878 – 1951) and Charles Henry Hudson (1873 – 1957). Willie Brantley Love was the daughter of Cynthia Jane Ward (1864 – 1926) and Jessie Wilkie Brantley (1849 – 1891). Willie Brantley Love had just lost her only son in a tragic accident in Farmerville the previous year.
Copyright. All rights reserved.