Contributed by Randy Willis www.randywillis.org
Camp Ground County School 1900-1901
Located, at the time of this photo, east and up the hill from the Camp Ground Cemetery. In 1907 a new building was constructed down the hill on the property of the Camp Ground Methodist Church. The school was later moved, farther west, near the B. E. Smith Potato Farm. Students later attended the Glenmora High School which resulted in the closing of the Camp Ground School.
Return to Rapides Parish Schools