This abandoned small family cemetery on the homestead of John E. Long
dates from 1893. The last of five known family burials was in 1900. Only
two headstones survive. The cemetery is located on private land just
south of County Road 27 midway between County Roads HH and JJ in the
20 Township 1 South Range 43 West. To get to the cemetery from Wray go
south about five miles on US 385, then follow the Beecher Island signs
one mile east and three miles south to Road 27. The cemetery is ½ mile
west on Road 27.
[NAD27 GPS - LAT 39°57'42"N LONG 102°12'45"W]
These photographs represent all the headstones in this cemetery and
were contributed by:
Lee Zion (lcz)
This page was last updated Saturday, 14-Jun-2008 11:53:32 EDT
How to ContributeFind a Volunteer Photographer
(Click on the underlined name to view the tombstone photograph.
Other Long family burials here included Dolly Long (d 1893) and Amy Long (1892-1893).
Do you have any headstone photos from this or any other Colorado cemetery to add to the collection? If so, see How To Contribute.
Return to: Colorado Tombstone Photo Project Index
Return to: Yuma County Index
Contributed for use by the USGenWeb Archive Project (http://www.usgenweb.org) and by the COGenWeb Archive Project
USGENWEB NOTICE: These electronic photographs may NOT be reproduced in any format for profit or presentation by other organizations or persons. Persons or organizations desiring to use this material, must obtain the written consent of the contributor, or the legal representative of the submitter, and contact the listed USGenWeb archivist with proof of this consent. The submitter has given permission to the USGenWeb Archives to store the file permanently for free access.